A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Message From Jack Carter

Well, folks. We lost. But the nation as a whole pulled us away from the precipice we faced with this Republican government. We now control the House of Representatives and, as of this writing, have a good chance at gaining the Senate. The goal in our race was accomplished around us.

I want you to know that I have no regrets. In fact, Elizabeth and I are inspired by your efforts and by the thousands of people we met on the campaign trail who encouraged us and voted for us. We were the nail, but you who volunteered your time, your money, and your ideas were the hammer that drove us home.

Remember this: I did not lose because Nevadans rejected me or my message, but because I didn't meet enough of them. I am convinced that we Democrats can cut through the cynicism left by corrupt politicians and bring solutions to the problems we face in this country. And I'm equally convinced that our message of focusing the government on the working men and women in this country will ultimately triumph.

Take what you learned in this race and apply it elsewhere. Leave the cynicism to the other guys. Let's take another step forward in 2008 to add to the ones we took last night.

Elizabeth and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Y'all did great. We're proud to have worked with you.

Rock and roll!

Jack Carter


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss