A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Online Nevada Encyclopedia Launched

A couple of weeks ago, the Online Nevada Encyclopedia has been launched. It's quite an interesting site which is easy to navigate and you'll certainly learn things about Nevada you've never heard of before.

In my case it was the first time I saw pictures of George Whittell and read about his background. During my year in Nevada I went to George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove. While there I never read or heard much about the man. Now that I have, I'm not all that surprised that the students the students at GWHS are not told much about George Whittell himself. He might not be the best example to young students. And the only reason this school seems to be named after him is because he donated the land for it.

You can read more about the creation of the Onlince Nevada Encyclopedia at Reno News and Review.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree the Online Nevada Encyclopedia is superior in scope, relevance and cutting edge technology. I love the panoramas.

4:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss