A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Message From Charlie Brown

Thank you.

I want to say ‘thank you’ to each and every person who worked so hard this past year on our campaign.

Your tremendous effort took us so close to victory last night. We fell 3.5 percentage points shy in a three-way race – but our campaign has changed the 4th Congressional District forever.

I called my opponent, John Doolittle, to congratulate him last night. Congressman Doolittle won the most votes. But our strong showing has proven that he was wrong about one very important point.

He says that the 4th District is part of “Red” California. We showed that our towns and communities are part of a “Red, White and Blue” California. You did that. And I am deeply honored that I was able to work with you in this effort.

Jan, Jeff, Stacy and I are going to share a few days together as a family before Jeff heads back to Iraq.

But whatever happens in the future – I want to thank you again for all of your support these past months. This was a tremendous battle – and while we did not receive the most votes, I know we fought the hardest and longest for a vital cause.

I’m looking forward to the day when we can rejoin the fight. Until then, Jan and I send you our most heartfelt appreciation.

Please stay involved,

Charlie

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss