A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Friday, April 13, 2007

German Music Friday: "Ayo - Down On My Knees"

So, what'd you expect when you read that headline? I guess, I don't even wanna know.

Anyhow, I have a new favourite song right now and thought I'd share it with you. And make a little regular series out of it while I'm at it.

Ayo has released her first single in Germany this February. She has started her career in France, where she has been very successful and has done a big concert tour last fall. Ayo's Nigerian father came to Germany in the 1970s to study, her mother is a German gypsy.

"Down On My Knees" is the current single in Germany from the album "Joyful" which was produced by Jay Newland who won a Grammy in 2003 for his work on Norah Jones' album "Come Away With Me."



More Ayo videos at YouTube.

Ayo's official website.

Ayo's MySpace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss