A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Friday, September 15, 2006

JoEtta Brown: "I Will Be A Guardian Of The Public's Best Interest"


Last week I published my interview with California Assembly candidate Rob Haswell. Today, I'll start publishing the interview JoEtta Brown, Democratic candidate in the 39th Assembly District, has given to Turn Tahoe Blue.

JoEtta Brown moved to Douglas County from Los Angeles to enjoy the retirement years with her husband. Just like Jack Carter, she has become involved in Nevada politics shortly after her arrival and, just like Jack Carter, is running for office for the first time.

Here is the first part:

Ms. Brown, as many other candidates this year you are running for office for the first time. Why have you now decided to run for the Nevada Assembly?

I believe that Nevada is at a crossroads, we can continue with business as usual, go forward with a vision that truly answers the needs of the state, or go backwards with outdated opinions. I offer a new direction with “30” years of corporate banking experience I know how to create and work with Public/Private/Partnerships that can obtain results that benefit communities. I am the candidate that will put the people’s best interest above partisan politics. I want to share my talents, expertise, and love of this valley this is why I decided to become a candidate for Assembly District 39!

Compared to other districts the 39th Assembly district is relatively small. What has been your experience on the campaign trail around Douglas County so far?

Since July, 2005 I have been on the campaign trail. Now, my campaign has taken on a positive life of its own. I have a wonderful campaign committee and a large group of thoughtful and dedicated supporters. I have been visiting with voters from Incline, Lake Tahoe, Carson Valley, and Topaz Ranch Estates. In order to win this election I must appeal to a broad cross section of voters and I have been extremely successful in persuading voters to choose me as their candidate. Many of the ranchers whose property dates back to the 1800’s have allowed me to place signs on their land. Signs are also placed long the business district of 395 where I have had the pleasure of meeting owners or managers. My campaign trail is exciting, as well as, challenging and I am enjoying every moment.

What do you have to offer the voters? Why should they vote for you and not for your Republican opponent James Settelmayer?

I am the best candidate because I will be a guardian of the public’s best interest. My constituents will be my only “special interest group”. I will always place the people’s best interest above partisan politics. I am fiscally conservative and will oppose any new taxes. I pledge to serve while adhering to the highest ethical standards. I am a supporter of businesses and jobs. I am for reasonable, smart planned growth. Through-out my professional life while I was working and busy raising our family, I made the time to be active in community affairs. From an early age my grandmother inspired and encouraged me to work to make a positive difference in this world. Now that I am retired, I have the time and energy to be a public servant. I need your support and ask for your vote to serve as your State Assemblywoman.

For more on JoEtta Brown read my previous post:

Nevada Appeal Profile On Assembly Candidate JoEtta Brown

You can help JoEtta Brown get elected to the State Assembly and make sure a Democrat represents the people of Douglas County:

JoEtta Brown's Campaign Website

Contribute to JoEtta Brown!


Read part II of my interview with JoEtta Brown: "Every Student Should Have The Opportunity For A Quality Education"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss