A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Barbara Boxer - Tahoe's Friend Of The Week


Back when I was in High School I was actively collecting autographs of politicians from around the world. Less so now, but I'm still doing it when I get to it. During my stay at Lake Tahoe as an exchange student ten years ago I wrote to all Senators and Governors. Among those who answered and send me a personally signed picture were then absolutely unknown Governor Howard Dean, Sen. Ted Kennedy, the late Sen. Paul Wellstone, then Sen. Richard H. Bryan of Nevada and my favourite member of the Senate Barbara Boxer who signed her picture with a green pen "to Sven- My best, Barbara Boxer '95".

Today, I name Barbara Boxer Tahoe's Friend of the Week. Not for giving me an autograph ten years ago but rather for doing something much more important. Senator Boxer sent out a special fundraising letter on behalf of Jack Carter last night. This might not sound like a big deal but it is. Earlier fundraising letters send out by Sen. Boxer for Senate candidates and incumbents have netted between $23,000 and $85,000 (for James Webb (VA), Claire McCaskill (MO), Sen. Bill Nelson (FL) and Sen. Maria Cantwell (WA)).

Just over night, in less than 12 hours, 55 donors have already given more $2,000 to Jack Carter through Barbara Boxer's Take Back the Congress in 2006! ActBlue page. Thanks, Senator Boxer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss