A blog on progressive news and politics on both the California and Nevada sides of Lake Tahoe which aims at helping to elect Democrats and Turn Tahoe Blue. The blog is written from Germany by a former German exchange student at George Whittell High School in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"To Not Say What's Careful And Cautious"

There is a very interesting post on WesternDemocrat asking "Could John Edwards win in the West?" I encourage you to read the whole post. It's relatively short. The post includes a quote by John Edwards from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

"My own view is the next president of the United States, or certainly the one after, is likely to be the single candidate who doesn't sound like a politician," he said. "I want to tell you on a personal level, I'm trying every way I know how not to do it." ... "We've been trained to do the wrong thing," he concluded. "That's the problem." ...

"I'm trying to retrain and recondition myself when I get asked a question to actually answer it -- to not say what I've been trained to say, to not say what's careful and cautious..."

I read this quote and it reminded me of one person:

Jack Carter

Jack Carter is this kind of candidate. He's the one who doesn't sound like a politician, the one who gives straight and honest answers, the one people will vote for in Nevada. The following quote is certainly something a trained pol wouldn't say:

If the Republican-controlled Congress would stand up like the Supreme Court and demand to be a part of the decisions which affect the security of our country instead of rolling over like lap-dogs to every whim of the executive branch, we patriots could go back to making a living.

PS: Jack Carter turned 59 yesterday. Happy belated Birthday!

Contribute to Jack so he can celebrate his 60th in the Senate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Haftungsausschluss